GDPR for GroupGDPR for IndividualGDPR for Volunteer
Documentation and personal data that might be held by the Trust in relation to your organisation’s sailing voyage consists of the following:
- Booking Form
- Voyage of Discovery Fund application
- Form of Agreement
- Crew List Personal Details Form
- Relevant Health Care Forms
- Photo Consent Forms & Photographs
- General Correspondence
- Thank you letters and reports
- Operational Reports e.g. Accident/Safeguarding
Unless explicit consent has previously been agreed the personal data will only be used for the following purposes:
- For our legitimate business purposes in the provision of your sail training voyage
- To satisfy our legal obligations under the requirements of the Department for Transport’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and other official bodies.
- For the safety and welfare of voyage participants
- In the event of an emergency
- For anonymous statistical analysis
- Feedback to funders
Documentation and personal data may be shared between the Cirdan Trust office and the vessel’s crew. This is necessary for the undertaking of a voyage and to meet our policy and legal obligations.
The Cirdan Sailing Trust does not share personal data with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies permit us to do so.
All records, both hard or soft are retained securely to avoid inadvertent use, piracy or unsolicited attention. Other than for policy or legal reasons, any records containing personal data held on the vessels are destroyed after completion of the voyage.
Your personal data is stored for specified periods defined in our Retention Policy.
You have rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) with regards to your personal data. Should you wish to discuss this, contact our Data Controller – Leonie Back on 01621 776684 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/