June 7, 2019
June 7, 2019
With the global challenge of the COVID-19 Coronavirus growing by the day, we would like to update you on the situation here at The Cirdan Sailing Trust.
The health, safety and welfare of those who sail with us, our crew and the wider community is our highest priority. With this in mind, taking account of government guidance, school closures etc, we have taken the decision to delay the start of our sailing season until late June. We will maintain communication with our client groups with a view to rescheduling voyages that would have taken place during the early part of the season to later in the year.
However, allowing for the speed at which the situation and guidance is changing, any decisions made will be in the best interest of the Trust and all those involved in its work.
The Cirdan Sailing Trust has been providing opportunities for disadvantaged young people to change their lives through our voyage of discovery since 1983 during which time we have worked with in the region of 34,000 young people. We like many other small charities rely on the involvement of our users and the support of donors to ensure our service is delivered to the high standard with which Cirdan is associated. The situation we are now in is unprecedented and there are difficult times ahead for us all so our gratitude to those adding their support to help us weather the storm is unbounded.
If you wish to make contact with us, please do as we will have a ‘reduced’ team available to answer calls and emails.
Finally, we would like to send our very best wishes for good health to you all.